The official ASM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official ASM Forum

The official Forum of the Ass Smack Militia

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kearo (Houdini)
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
Kearo (Houdini)

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-29

This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK Empty
PostSubject: This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK   This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:49 pm

Since I will be not on SDK for awhile, I might lose some of this stuff. So if you ever need help with my specialties (vehicles) or any other ones just look here. NOTE: if there is anything missing that you think I might know, tell me to put it on.

Now where should I start off? Here we go, the basics. Tools: The arrow tool is the selection tool, used to select/highlight objects or entities so they can be moved.

The Magnifying glass is for zooming in and out on the graphs ( pointless, you can use numbers instead).

The camera is placed anywhere on the graphs and the red line will show where it points at ( perfect if you edit a map where all of the shit is far away).

Next we go to entities, yeah a light bulb, if you use entities there will be a box that lights up and you can scroll down to prefabs and entities. The entities consist of: spawns, teleport targets, light, tracks, weapons, and thrusters (for my vehicles). Prefabs consist of pre-made things such as: buttons, stairs, lights, vehicles, anything that you have made before and saved as a prefab.

Now we shall go to Brushes, the cube, this tool will allow you to made things like walls, floors, rooms, boxes, water, crap, other crap, some shit that you can make. It is not just boxes or cubes the tool can make, but it can also make, cylinders, spheres, pyramids, and a torus.

Next is texture applications. Using this will help make water, and also see through walls like one-way windows. Or one side red and the other side orange.

Now apply texture tool. With this, the brush you have selected will change textures when you have pressed it once.

IDK the next one...

Or that one...

Now there is the clipping tool. Pressing once will make it once side to be clipped and the other kept, pressing twice will clip the other side and keep both, and a third time will result in clipping and keeping both sides. NOTE: hard to do with spheres, and torus, and sometimes pyramid.

Finally the Vertex tool: used to make a brush into a different shape, like a cube into a trapezoid.

If you want the vehicles or advanced stuff send me a PM or put it down here. I prefer PM cuz I don't get any... NOTE: somethings I might not know, there is always something that even the smartest person does not know...
Back to top Go down
Extreme
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
Extreme

Male Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-08-01

This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK   This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 am

ok
Back to top Go down

This is for some future questions or if you want to be advanced in SDK
Page 1 of 1