The official ASM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official ASM Forum

The official Forum of the Ass Smack Militia

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christianity and Religions in General

Go down 
+10
shamifar8
WoshiStone
Venom
KILLERCAIN
Mr.Mike
veggies
Extreme
Lelouch
Kearo (Houdini)
BlackLight
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Christianity and Religions in General Empty
PostSubject: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:59 pm

Okay so I had quite the interesting conversation with Kearo in hosties 1 today (thanks again for un akicking me madnezz) about Christianity and how some things are simply off to him. So I wanted to open a thread for anyone who has any SERIOUS questions regarding Christianity. Again Im going to take my stance as everything the Bible is truth because as a Christian, I full-heartedly believe in the sinless nature of God and his Word. So anyone with any questions regarding anything you want clarified, post here and I will most likely have an anwer.

Also, any basic theological questions about other normal religions like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, and Judaism and even Agnosticism - the disbelief in the power of the divine (I stand corrected, it is Agnosticism Very Happy oh well; one time) and Atheism - the belief that there is no God to overrule science and its universal power - can be asked here to. I have taken a lot of time over the past 4 years or so to truly understand these other religions to get to know the followers of them better so I can also probably answer those.

Go ahead and ask now. I am open to all unelss you are going to be ignorant and make stupid comments on how the Bible is a hoax by some old men. Sea Bear you specifically are not welcome here.
Back to top Go down
Kearo (Houdini)
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
Kearo (Houdini)

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:57 am

Did you have confirmation yet?
Back to top Go down
Lelouch
~King of Imagination Land~
Lelouch

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:17 am

now your a fucking jew? LOL
Back to top Go down
Extreme
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
Extreme

Male Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:39 am

im roman catholic
Back to top Go down
veggies
!!SPAMMER!!
!!SPAMMER!!
veggies

Male Number of posts : 205
Humor : I guess

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:46 am

ummmmmm............idk i know like nothing bout the bible i jsut started going to church again the last month
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/azntiger42
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:14 am

good to hear veggies?

and kearo confirmation about what? if ur asking if Ive been confirmed (re-baptized) then yes... last year at Easter
Back to top Go down
Mr.Mike
I Like Pizza
I Like Pizza
Mr.Mike

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:33 am

black wrote:
and Atheism - the belief that there is no God to overrule science and its universal power

Wikipedia wrote:
Atheism, as an explicit position, can be either the affirmation of the nonexistence of gods,[1] or the rejection of theism.[2] It is also[3] defined more broadly as synonymous with any form of nontheism, including the simple absence of belief in deities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

You stand corrected again.
Back to top Go down
https://asmclan.forumotion.net
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:42 am

"the rejection of theism"

thats exactly what I said...

theism is the belief that there is some divine being with more power than anything else in the universe. the belief that there is no god to overrule sciene and its universal power... thats what I said wtf u talkin about
Back to top Go down
KILLERCAIN
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
KILLERCAIN

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:38 pm

im a jew. yes. i know. whatever.

I have two serious questions.

1. What does Easter have to do with Jesus? I mean; Oh! for the reserection of Jesus lets have a bunny with chocalte eggs and hide em!!!

2. What the point of this thread? I mean really, it pisses me off when rly religous ppl try to make everyones life better my telling them the word of God or something. As if my life isnt fucked up enough, i need someone ME telling how i need to make it better? I dont think so.
Back to top Go down
KILLERCAIN
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
KILLERCAIN

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:49 pm

http://www.venganza.org/

THis is a website i Love and believe in. Blacklight plz respond to what you think.
Back to top Go down
Extreme
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
Extreme

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:36 pm

[quote="KILLERCAIN"]im a jew. yes. i know. whatever.

I have two serious questions.

1. What does Easter have to do with Jesus? I mean; Oh! for the reserection of Jesus lets have a bunny with chocalte eggs and hide em!!!

lol the easter egg
Back to top Go down
Venom
Cool Guy
Cool Guy
Venom

Male Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : Counter Strike, Baseball
Humor : fat people dancing
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: k   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:15 pm

yea i don't get easter either and also i'm catholic and yea i go to church and stuff. but why should there be a devil and sin if u ask for gods forgiveness then doesn't that just mean he'll forgive you and the sin will be forgotten? So i don't see the point of "Sin" and the "Devil", if u can just have him say basically that is alright. And if god is all forgiving then why does he deny you and send you to hell that doesn't seem like the all caring god that i hear about. Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Mike
I Like Pizza
I Like Pizza
Mr.Mike

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:35 pm

black wrote:
"the rejection of theism"

thats exactly what I said...

theism is the belief that there is some divine being with more power than anything else in the universe. the belief that there is no god to overrule sciene and its universal power... thats what I said wtf u talkin about

Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods or deities. All other shit you try to tack on is false. That is my point.

Killercain wrote:
http://www.venganza.org/

THis is a website i Love and believe in. Blacklight plz respond to what you think.

BLESSED BE HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Razz

Killercain wrote:
2. What the point of this thread? I mean really, it pisses me off when rly religous ppl try to make everyones life better my telling them the word of God or something. As if my life isnt fucked up enough, i need someone ME telling how i need to make it better? I dont think so.

lol, well if you hold some bullshit beliefs that you do not feel strongly enough in yourself, some people think that the more people that believe their evidence less fairy tales the more it validates them.
Back to top Go down
https://asmclan.forumotion.net
Extreme
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
Extreme

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:52 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
WoshiStone
WoshiStone

Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 pm

Um if you arent suppose to have sex with your brother/ sister, how did Adam and Eve make children?
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:25 pm

alright lets start with the easter question...

EASTER:

Easter the holy day (holiday) is a celebration of the resurrection of Christ... Now where the traditional means of celebration, a bunny, an egg, and a basket came from... its simply culture... you cant explain the festivities of easter any more than you can the pumpkin of halloween or the fat jolly guy of christmas... its just a tradition someone started a long time ago that was symbolic TO THEM that has carried on... what I believe that symbolism might be is the egg representing birth in that Easter and its resurrection gives a new life to us as believers to live through eternity...

Im not even gonna address the noodle god thing cuz... its stupid...

WHY THIS THREAD:

as far as WHY I made this is to get some discussion in about things that actually matter to some of us... Kearo had some choice questions for me, and Im sure a lot of others here do too... if you dont appreciate this thread then... why post here? just ignore it... and let it be... if ppl have questions they want answered... I will answer them...

HEAVEN OR HELL:

God doesnt "send you to hell"... God ALLOWS you to go to hell... when you dont actually ask him for forgiveness... hes not going to MAKE YOU take part in something you dont want... He will allow you to live in sin, and die in sin... if thats what you want... If you ask God for forgiveness... And you repent from ur sins, reject them and truly try to turn away from then... then yes he does save you and bring you to heaven... but if you dont TRULY want to be saved... you dont TRUTHFULLY ask for his forgiveness and salvation... then he allows you to have what you, in your heart, truly want...

ADAM AND EVE:

First off they are not brother and sister... there is nothing in the Bible that says they were... God took part of Adam's ribcage to make Eve... as a melding piece... as something to build off of... they're not at all brother and sister...
Back to top Go down
shamifar8
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
shamifar8

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:21 am

the lung
Back to top Go down
shamifar8
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
shamifar8

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:26 am

ITS FSM!!!
Back to top Go down
shamifar8
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
shamifar8

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:27 am

o nvm its not the lung.. it was ribcage lol
Back to top Go down
veggies
!!SPAMMER!!
!!SPAMMER!!
veggies

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:45 am

ummm so when you die can u you forgive all your sins and then go to heaven or do yoou have to d that before you die.
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:20 am

well when u die... u are out of chances... you are immediately sent to judgement where you will either be allowed to go to Hell or accepted to Heaven... but yea... once u die, its pretty much decided
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:20 am

"And your life will define who you are and who you will become."

-Apostle Paul
Back to top Go down
Venom
Cool Guy
Cool Guy
Venom

Male Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : Counter Strike, Baseball
Humor : fat people dancing
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: j   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:49 am

why only guy priest and not girls? was god Sexist?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Male Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : Paintballing, Sports, & Video Games
Humor : Good
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:28 pm

God is capitalized Venom. And no, God is not sexist, he is perfect in anything and everything he does. A girl can be a priest if she wants to, It's not God's fault if a girl doesn't step up and do what she feels.
Back to top Go down
veggies
!!SPAMMER!!
!!SPAMMER!!
veggies

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:24 pm

wait so........if you die do you have to go to hell if your bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christianity and Religions in General
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The official ASM Forum :: General Chat :: Seriousness-
Jump to: