The official ASM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official ASM Forum

The official Forum of the Ass Smack Militia

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christianity and Religions in General

Go down 
+10
shamifar8
WoshiStone
Venom
KILLERCAIN
Mr.Mike
veggies
Extreme
Lelouch
Kearo (Houdini)
BlackLight
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:57 pm

there are girl preists dude... they call em priestesses... we have a female associate pastor at our church who handles communion and the benediction...

and no veggies not quite because we are ALL bad... but if you ask God to forgive you of your sins and are truly in your heart sorry for them... he will grant mercy on you and wash you clean of your sins... allowing you to enter into Heaven with Him
Back to top Go down
veggies
!!SPAMMER!!
!!SPAMMER!!
veggies

Male Number of posts : 205
Humor : I guess

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:30 pm

but can we do that if we're dead
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/azntiger42
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:50 pm

well that defeats the purpose of it... u live in sin all ur life and die, and u realize yu were wrong that defeats the purpose... if you can find it in urself to follow God and ask him for salvation when ur alive and you have things to live for, things to sacrifice... then that is when you see the power of his salvation... but once you are dead... you are judged and sent to wherever it is you will spend eternity
Back to top Go down
veggies
!!SPAMMER!!
!!SPAMMER!!
veggies

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:32 pm

lol what can you sacrifice to god.
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:53 pm

its not about what THINGS you sacrifice anymore... God did away with that by sending Jesus to die for us... now all he asks is that we live a life of sacrifice... giving up things we want of this world... our sins and our lusts... not because he needs them... not because u have to... u dont... u could ask him for forgiveness, stay true to him and not give up your life of sin... BUT not doing so makes it REALLY hard to stay with and to keep loving God till the day you die... and eventually... you could fall away...
Back to top Go down
veggies
!!SPAMMER!!
!!SPAMMER!!
veggies

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:47 am

like you do. What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:37 am

lol yes... sure
Back to top Go down
lASMl Venom
Really Awesome guy
Really Awesome guy
lASMl Venom

Male Number of posts : 50
Humor : HACKERS!
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:19 pm

how much did u copy and paste from wikipedia blacklight...
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:26 pm

i dont fool... u wouldnt see ellipses in wikipedia... ellipses are my thing...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Mike
I Like Pizza
I Like Pizza
Mr.Mike

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:56 pm

So by Blacklight's bible logic, if Hitler repented for all of his sins and accepted jc as his savior he would go to paradise forever.

But Ghandi, a man of peace, would be SOL because he did not say some guy a couple thousand years ago "saved" him.

Makes perfect sense.......... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://asmclan.forumotion.net
Shadow
~King of Imagination Land~
Shadow

Male Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : Paintballing, Sports, & Video Games
Humor : Good
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:18 pm

It may not make sense, but it is the 100% truth.
If you have not read the book "90 minutes in heaven", I strongly recommend it for christian belivers, or any1 else.

Some interesting thoughts about Christianity:
1. If you pray to God to forgive your sins after you have Accepted His Son as your Savior and Lord, he will forgive you, now matter how big, small, or complicated sin it is.
2. Once you accept Christ as you Savior and Lord, His Spirit will dwell in your heart forever.
3. Neither Satan, nor his minions can enter any person who has the Holy Spirit inside of him.
4. If you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, no matter what you do, you will still go to Heaven.
5. Heaven:
-There shall be no more Death. Revelation 21:4
-The walls were pure Jasper. Revelation 21:18
-Each gate was made of Pearl. Revelation 21:21
-The streets were made of pure Gold. Revelation 21:21
-The wilderness will bloom abundantly. Isaiah 35:1-2
-They shall build houses and inhabit them. Isaiah 65:21
-They shall plant vineyards and eat the fruit of them. Isaiah 65:21
-On each side of the River of Life was the tree of life with 12 different kinds of fruit. Revelation 22:2
-The City had no need of the sun, for the Glory of God was its light and God Himself will be with them. Revelation 21:3,23
-I saw the Holy City of Jerusalem coming down from God out of Heaven. Revelation 21:2
-Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. Matthew 5:5
Back to top Go down
Mr.Mike
I Like Pizza
I Like Pizza
Mr.Mike

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:56 pm

You know all that to be the 100% truth, because.....
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:23 pm

Reasons to have strong faith in Jesus Christ and God Almighty

The Shroud of Turin- two seperate pieces of cloth found by archaelogists, with the image of Jesus Himself on it. the shroud was examined and determined that it MUST have been made by a none human form, because the shroud was made by rays of light that is not possible for man to work with.

The Rainbow- God's promise to the world that he will never flood the earth again (as described in The Bible).

The Bible- God's Holy Word, given to man by Himself. He told the apostles/disciples what to write down in The Bible.

How the world was made- It was never possible nor is it possible for nothing to make something. Oh, monkeys were humans, where did monkeys come from, oh rats, where did the rats come from....and so on and so on. When it comes down to it, Somebody HAD to have made the world exactly how it was. And I belive that that is God Almighty.
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:32 pm

Mike we're not here to argue it to be truth or not... we're here to say that as far as what we believe... in faith we take it as 100% truth... we're not here to convert people so stop attacking us... some people have some very viable questions they just want to ask...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Mike
I Like Pizza
I Like Pizza
Mr.Mike

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 pm

shadow wrote:
The Shroud of Turin- two seperate pieces of cloth found by archaelogists, with the image of Jesus Himself on it. the shroud was examined and determined that it MUST have been made by a none human form, because the shroud was made by rays of light that is not possible for man to work with.

It MUST have been made by a non human form because it was made using light? Well the way the shroud was made is highly contestable, but if you prefer the light idea then using a camera obscura and photo sensitive chemicals could make the same effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

shadow wrote:
The Rainbow- God's promise to the world that he will never flood the earth again (as described in The Bible).

Do I really have to explain to you how rainbows are formed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbows

shadow wrote:
The Bible- God's Holy Word, given to man by Himself. He told the apostles/disciples what to write down in The Bible.

lol, its funny how so many other people would claim that their book is the "word of god" (Koran, Book of Morman, etc.), so im not sure why you don't take them just as seriously, since they have the same amount of supporting evidence as you (none).

shadow wrote:
How the world was made- It was never possible nor is it possible for nothing to make something. Oh, monkeys were humans, where did monkeys come from, oh rats, where did the rats come from....and so on and so on. When it comes down to it, Somebody HAD to have made the world exactly how it was. And I belive that that is God Almighty.

You are right on one thing. Nothing cannot make anything. I sincerely doubt anyone claims that nothing has ever made anything.

And you are making an assertion that is totally unfounded, that something had to make the world how it is. And you believe this because you read it (or were told it) from a book that is thousands of years old.

I would tend to think we evolved from a lesser species (as evident from fossil records of other countless animals, retroviruses, etc).

But as to who/what/or if anything made the universe, I don't know. But I am not willing to accept an answer just on the basis that it is comforting.

Black wrote:
Mike we're not here to argue it to be truth or not... we're here to say that as far as what we believe... in faith we take it as 100% truth... we're not here to convert people so stop attacking us... some people have some very viable questions they just want to ask...

Well I didn't know asking question about your "faith" would be attacking. Nor do I think providing you with credible answers to be attacking. I think you are attacking the logic of people's minds by asking them to ask YOU questions about the intricacies a fairy tale.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Belive what you want, and make all your technical terms, Mike. Something did have to make everything, whether you belive it or not.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:12 pm

And screw you to bash my Religion; I feel sorry for you.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Mike
I Like Pizza
I Like Pizza
Mr.Mike

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:14 pm

Shadow wrote:
And screw you to bash my Religion; I feel sorry for you.

Well that was not very nice.......

I feel sorry for you because when you cannot justify your position you have to lash out like that. pale
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Sorry pale.I overreact when people question the obvious Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Mike
I Like Pizza
I Like Pizza
Mr.Mike

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:18 pm

AHA, my young padawan. Question EVERYTHING. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Yes, Jedi Master Mike pirat!
Back to top Go down
BlackLight
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
BlackLight

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:17 am

mike im gonna ask firest since ur not in asm anymore to never come back to this thread... calling it a fairy tale... please do not come back here...
Back to top Go down
alex
Admin
Admin
alex

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Extreme
L337 5PAMM3R
L337 5PAMM3R
Extreme

Male Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:42 pm

BLACKLIGHT DONT BE A MEANIE!!!
Back to top Go down
Demon Killer
Admin
Admin
Demon Killer

Number of posts : 623

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Can we keep religion off of the forums...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christianity and Religions in General   Christianity and Religions in General - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christianity and Religions in General
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The official ASM Forum :: General Chat :: Seriousness-
Jump to: